This is a little overdue but am finally ready with my first Liebster award. I am really honoured to have been nominated by mummyshymz. Thank you so much. Ok, so let’s get started….
The rules for the award:
1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
11 random facts about myself:
1. I am a quarter Pakistani, a quarter Chinese, a quarter Malay and a quarter Punjabi. Which means my childhood was pretty much a chaotic blend of different cultures.
2. I am a total bookworm. I grew up in libraries. My first job was as a library officer at the very library that I frequented as a child.
3. I love chocolate! dark 60%, please…
4. My guilty pleasure TV show is Fashion Police. Joan Rivers is outrageous!
5. I am the disciplinarian in our household – that includes my hubby! haha…
6. My favourite colour is red/dark pink.
7. I hate exercising but I love to swim.
8. I am an occasional nail-biter, esp when I am stressed out 😦
9. I am allergic to broad beans.
10. I speak English, Malay and some Hindi. I understand Mandarin and some Tamil.
11. I was a total klutz during my school years – fell down alot during Phy Ed (and at other times too). Became very familiar with the sick bay in school.
My answers to the questions posed:
1. Why do you blog?
To collate and record our ideas/work that was done, as a fun way to get to know more people, as a creative outlet for me.
2. Pet peeve?
People who have no table manners!
3. Name your best childhood memory
Walking with my sister to the nearby McDonalds for a peach sundae before heading to the library for the afternoon. We’d do this most Sundays.
4. What is your comfort food?
Anything chocolate or for savoury, Aglio Olio.
5. Dogs or cats?
6. Name one item you cannot do without.
My laptop – it has everything from my photos, work, etc.
7. Biggest fear?
Being lost or unable to find my way home. Used to have nightmares about this for some reason.
8. Mountains or the sea?
9.Half-empty or half-full?
Half-full, most of the time
10. Live to eat or eat to live?
A little of both
11. Favourite fictional character?
Batman – I’m a huge fan 🙂
My 11 nominees are:
3. Bento Days
4. Oh! Bento
My 11 questions to the nominees are:
1. What was your earliest childhood memory?
2. What is your favourite colour?
3. City or country living?
4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. What is your favourite movie?
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7. What was the name of the first school that you went to?
8. What is your favourite dessert?
9. If you had a completely free evening, what would you do?
10. What was the last book you read?
11 If you could invite anyone (dead or alive) to your dinner party, who would you invite?
This has been fun! To my 11 nominees, I hope you have fun too and there is absolutely no obligation to pass the award on 🙂